Bill Davidson, the owner of Hope Autobody, wants to give a car to someone in the Hope area who needs one. “The intent is to, hopefully, open a door and create a really good opportunity for someone and hopefully change their life, really.”
It’s the first time we are running a giveaway like this in the community. Together with other automotive companies we are working on fixing up a 2014 Mazda , which we hope to giveaway and have it in the hands of a new owner in September. The giveaway is a community effort by the local auto industry, with mechanical work donated by Brenners Automotive, a set of new tires from Kaltire and detail work by Kenny J’s Mobile Detailing. LKQ also provided parts at no charge.
Hope Autobody is supplying the four door hatchback as well as the volunteer hours of technicians to get the vehicle ready.
How to Enter the Car Giveaway:
Applicants will need to write a one-page narrative on why or how the lack of reliable transportation impacts their economic status, as well as how the vehicle will assist them in becoming self-sufficient. This letter, and a resume, should be submitted by Sept. 4, 2020, online at www.raydarcollisiongroup.ca or in person at the 966 6 Ave. shop.
Car Giveaway Rules:
- The giveaway is open only to Hope residents, as well as residents up the Fraser Canyon and areas surrounding Hope.
- Anyone can apply, and people can submit an application on behalf of someone they know who needs a vehicle.
- The employees in the autobody shop will read each application to see who can benefit the most from the car. We want to help someone whose lack of access to a car impedes their ability to work or otherwise go about their lives.
- Applicants need to have a valid license and be able to insure the vehicle.
- Anyone with questions can call manager Stefan Jeppe at 604-869-5244.
We are now offering no-charge vehicle tows to and from any of our shops for any collision repair! Book an appointment, schedule an estimate at your house or business, book a tow, or ask us how we can limit your exposure while still providing the great service and repairs we are known for.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!